What You Need to Know About Chocolate Caramel Apples
Many people think that caramel apples and candy apples are similar. However, they are quite different. Unlike candy apples, caramel apples usually have a chewy and soft texture. They have a buttery sweet flavor. You can coat these apples using chocolate to make chocolate caramel apples. Below are more details on these delicious treats.
How to Make Chocolate-Caramel Apples
To make delicious chocolate caramel apples, you will need the following:
- Five medium-sized apples
- Five popsicle sticks
- Amber Lyn Chocolates
- 2 tablespoons of water
- 14 ounces of sugar-free caramel candies
After collecting these ingredients, do the following:
- Place an oiled piece of wax paper on your cookie sheet.
- Add your caramels to a saucepan, and then melt them over low heat. You should add water to the caramels and stir them occasionally when melting them.
- Add popsicle sticks to your apples.
- Dip the apples in the melted caramel while grasping the popsicle sticks.
- Let the excess caramel drip from the apples, and then place them on the wax paper. Let the caramel-dipped apples cool.
- Melt your chocolate and dip caramel apples into the chocolate.
- Allow excess chocolate drip from the apples. Place them again on the wax paper and allow them to cool.
Tips for Making Chocolate Caramel Apples
- When making chocolate caramel apples, ensure that you use chocolate from a reputable supplier such as Amber Lyn Chocolates, especially if you’re looking for a delicious sugar-free or no-sugar-added chocolate.
- Use high-quality, ripe apples.
- Remember to properly wash the apples that you will use to make your chocolate caramel apples. When washing them, ensure that you remove all the wax residue on the apples. Mix boiling water with white vinegar and dip your apples in the solution to remove the wax coating. Let the apples sit in this solution for five seconds, and then wipe them using a kitchen towel.
- You should use thick wooden popsicle sticks when making your chocolate caramel apples since your apples will get heavy after dipping them in melted caramel and chocolate.
- If you don't use all your melted chocolate when making your chocolate caramel apples, drizzle the leftover chocolate on top of the apples. Amber Lyn’s chocolate truffles melt easily as they're made with coconut oil, which means they're great for drizzling or dipping.
Let us know how you personalize your chocolate caramel apples. Whether you add nuts, sprinkles, or chocolate chips, let us know how you make them your own!